There’s a retirement home next to the Keysborough Animal Shelter near Melbourne, Australia, and that’s a great thing for the residents because they are cats. The cats have a stream of human visitors to spend time with and staff makes sure they are fed. The cats are free to roam the house and garden.
Owners of cats who are at least 8 years of age can donate $6000 and rest assured that if something should happen to them, their cats will be well-cared for and allowed to live out their lives in comfy retirement.
Life is Good for Australian Feline Retirees at Homeleigh
1. Cat Retirement Homes - Opportunity for pet care industry to offer more specialized services for aging pets.
2. Pet Elder Care - Opportunity for businesses to create pet care packages focused on elderly pet needs.
3. Senior Pet Care Industry - Opportunity for entrepreneurs to create businesses offering specialized senior pet care services.
1. Pet Care - Pet care industry players can create new services and products catering to aging pets.
2. Senior Care - Senior living industry could benefit from offering pet-friendly retirement homes.
3. Animal Shelter - Animal shelters can expand services to include cat retirement homes to offer a special care service.