The 'RE:INVENT' book was inspired by editor Derick Tsai's colleague, Francis Tsai -- an individual who has battled with the hardships of ALS. As an amazingly creative artist, Francis Tsai was able to use his iPad with his feet to create art once he lost the use of his hands due to the disease. Once he ultimately lost the use of his feet, he began using eye-tracking technology to create his masterpieces.
"Seeing him do all this stuff was absolutely amazing, he had used possibly the worst situation of his life as a catalyst to create some of the best artwork of his career, and in the process he had completely, literally, reinvented the way he did art," comments Derick Tsai in the video. The KickStarter project has already gone over its initial fundraising goal, but you can still contribute and grab a RE:INVENT copy for yourself.
The 'RE:INVENT' KickStarter Project Tackles ALS Impairments
1. Augmented Communication - The 'RE:INVENT' book showcases the use of eye-tracking technology to create art, highlighting the potential for augmented communication in various industries.
2. Assistive Technology - The success of the 'RE:INVENT' project demonstrates the demand and opportunities for innovative assistive technology solutions for individuals with disabilities.
3. Adaptive Art - The story of Francis Tsai's artistic journey in the 'RE:INVENT' book opens up possibilities for disruptive innovation in the field of adaptive art and inclusive creative expression.
1. Healthcare - The 'RE:INVENT' book highlights the potential for disruptive innovation in healthcare by integrating eye-tracking technology for improved patient communication and care.
2. Publishing - The success of the 'RE:INVENT' project presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation within the publishing industry by showcasing the power of storytelling and human resilience.
3. Art & Design - The 'RE:INVENT' book inspires potential disruptive innovation within the art and design industry by exploring new ways of creating and experiencing art through adaptive techniques and technologies.