As many brands are discovering, augmented reality is a great way to enhance customer engagement, and the REI 'Find Out NYC' app provides just that. This new venture by the American retailer REI promotes its outdoor clothing gear through an interactive and rewards-based app.
The REI 'Find Out NYC' app requires customers to scan more than 400 REI posters, which can be found around New York City. These posters will take the user to a "virtual scene," where images of outdoor products are displayed that the customer can tap to win for themselves. In addition to these prizes, customers can enter for a chance to win a trip for two to Costa Rica, says PSFK.
The interactive augmented reality REI 'Find Out NYC' app helps the company promote its products, but it also encourages traffic to its New York City location in Manhattan's SoHo district.
REI 'Find Out NYC' App Rewards Prizes for Customer Interaction
1. Augmented Reality Marketing - Augmented Reality can create new engagement opportunities and add value to customer experiences increasing customer satisfaction.
2. Interactive Reward-based Apps - Gamification through interactive apps can drive customer engagement and loyalty, while rewarding customers is a great way to increase brand exposure and loyalty.
3. Virtual Experiences for Retail - Creating immersive experiences through augmented or virtual reality can increase traffic, dwell time, and sales for brick and mortar stores.
1. Retail - Retail businesses can use augmented reality scavenger hunts to enhance in-store experiences by generating higher levels of engagement, traffic, and customer loyalty.
2. Tourism - Tourism industry can use interactive augmented reality-based challenges to create exciting and memorable experiences for visitors, giving them a reason to return and increase tourism revenue.
3. Advertising - Interactive augmented reality scavenger hunts engage customers and incentivize them to interact with products, allowing advertisers to increase brand awareness and reach new target markets in an innovative way.