We're slowly starting to get more details about the lavish plans for the Palazzo Versace hotel in Dubai, and a refrigerated beach is one of the latest features to be revealed for the posh resort.
According to the Times Online, the beach adjacent to the Palazzo Versace hotel in Dubai will be fitted with a network of pipes just underneath the sand. The pipes will contain a coolant to absorb heat from the sand and protect well-heeled guests' tootsies. There may also be blowers installed to create a cool breeze over beachgoers.
The Palazzo Versace in Dubai will also have a refrigerated swimming pool. As you might expect, environmentalists have gone bananas over the gigantic carbon footprint the resort will create in keeping its guests cool during scorching hot summers.
Palazzo Versace in Dubai Will Cool Beachgoers, Irritate Environmentalists
1. Refrigerated Beaches - The trend of implementing refrigerated beaches will provide luxurious comfort for beachgoers in hot climates.
2. Cooling Technology - The use of innovative cooling technology, such as underground coolant pipes and blowers, presents opportunities for disruptive innovation in the hospitality industry.
3. Environmental Sustainability in Luxury Resorts - The concern raised by environmentalists regarding the carbon footprint of refrigerated beaches highlights the growing trend of integrating sustainable practices into high-end resorts.
1. Hospitality - The hospitality industry can explore the implementation of cooling technology to enhance guest experiences and differentiate their offerings.
2. Environmental Conservation - The environmental conservation industry can provide sustainable solutions and consulting services to luxury resorts aiming to reduce their carbon footprint.
3. Travel and Tourism - The travel and tourism industry can capitalize on the demand for luxurious beach experiences by promoting destinations with innovative cooling solutions, such as refrigerated beaches.