As its name makes clear, the most striking feature of 'Rear Window House' is its modern extension. In renovating a bungalow originally built in 1944, Edward Ogosta Architecture aimed to add onto it in a contemporary style, and the rear bedroom window is a result. The farthest back wall of Rear Window House is almost entirely glass, giving the master bedroom a completely unimpeded view of the outside.
While Rear Window House might be reminiscent of the famous Albert Hitchcock film, it's not nearly as voyeuristic as that thriller. The master bedroom's view doesn't look onto public space but onto the home's private, hedge-enclosed backyard, making it a pleasing view to wake up to rather than one that would make people feel like covering up.
Image Credit: Steve King
'Rear Window House' Has an Exposing Modern Extension
1. Transparent Architecture - Incorporating glass or other transparent materials in the design of buildings and structures for aesthetic and functional purposes.
2. Contemporary Renovation - The incorporation of modern or futuristic design elements to upgrade existing buildings and spaces.
3. Private Outdoor Retreat - Creating secluded and private outdoor spaces for relaxation and entertainment.
1. Architecture - Opportunities to incorporate innovative design elements in the development and renovation of buildings.
2. Hospitality - Creating captivating outdoor spaces to attract and retain guests in the hospitality industry.
3. Real Estate - Incorporating unique design elements in real estate properties to enhance value and appeal to potential buyers and tenants.