The Real Boy Push Pins are inspired by the beloved fictional character dreamed up by Italian writer Carlo Collodi: Pinocchio. Using his legendary long nose for something a little more practical than determining whether or not he is telling a lie, British designer Duncan Shotton, who is based in Tokyo, Japan, has converted it from rounded wood to pointed metal in order to effectively turn him into an adorable thumb tack.
A limited edition, the Real Boy Push Pins are sold in packs of two. Made in the United Kingdom and handpainted in Tokyo, Shotton writes, "It's just as well these little guys lie so much, because it means you can use their noses to decorate your walls and hold your stuff to pinboards."
The Real Boy Push Pins by Duncan Shotton Have Sharp Long Noses
1. Novelty Office Supplies - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create unique and eye-catching office supplies that add personality and creativity to the workplace.
2. Character-inspired Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop products that draw inspiration from beloved fictional characters to bring whimsy and nostalgia to everyday items.
3. Handcrafted Artistic Accessories - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Combine traditional craftsmanship with modern design, offering unique and handmade accessories that stand out in a mass-produced market.
1. Stationery - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate fun and imaginative designs into stationery products to appeal to a younger demographic and enhance the user experience.
2. Gift and Novelty - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create a range of character-inspired gift and novelty items that evoke nostalgia and can be personalized for special occasions.
3. Artisanal Home Decor - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Combine artistic craftsmanship with functional home decor items, offering consumers unique and visually appealing options for personalizing their living spaces.