Boohoo's Ready for the Future collection was created with a small UK supplier and it features styles made with recycled materials—95% recycled polyester and 5% elastane sourced from plastic that would have otherwise have gone to waste. In the collection, consumers will find dresses, bodysuits, skirts, crop-tops and other spring and summer staples in soft shades of pink, blue and green.
The brand's delivery bags now also contain more than 80% recycled plastic and the brand is aiming for all of its polyester and cotton to be recycled or more sustainable by 2025.
As consumers become increasingly interested in fashion that's made in a mindful way with thoughtful materials, brands are incorporating more recycled materials to make the most of the resources that are already in circulation, in order to reduce waste.
Boohoo's 'Ready for the Future' is Made with Recycled Materials
1. Recycled Fashion - The trend of using recycled materials in fashion can lead to disruptive innovation in sustainable fashion and textile production.
2. Eco-conscious Materials - The use of eco-conscious materials in the fashion industry has the potential to create a shift towards more sustainable and environmentally-friendly fashion.
3. Circular Fashion - The circular fashion trend that involves creating clothes using recycled materials and keeping them in use for as long as possible can drive innovation towards a more sustainable fashion industry.
1. Fast Fashion - The fast fashion industry has the opportunity for disruptive innovation in the use of sustainable materials and circular fashion to reduce waste and negative environmental impact.
2. Textile Production - The textile production industry can innovate with sustainable textile technologies and processes in order to support a more eco-friendly and circular fashion industry.
3. Retail - Retail industries can harness the trend towards sustainable fashion and eco-conscious materials to drive disruptive innovation in how they source and market fashion products towards an increasingly environmentally-conscious consumer base.