Yener Torun is a architecture-focused photographer that offers a series of illustrations that capture the rainbow buildings riddled throughout the bustling neighbourhoods of Istanbul. The photos focus on capturing the technicolor aesthetic incorporated into the design of residential and office buildings that translate into creating a kaleidoscopic skyline that envelops the city.
The illustrations focus on symmetry, color and form as themes that unite the collection together. Each picture captures how rainbows are used in the Istanbul architecture in slightly different ways, from buildings that are decorated in ombre rainbow color schemes to others that opt for more cubistic tiled patterns or color subtly integrated into the facade windows. Torun's eye-catching images create a paralleled dialogue between the bold use of color and geometric shapes.
Photo Credits: designboom, instagram
Yener Torun's Photos Explores Istanbul's Technicolor Architecture
1. Rainbow Architecture - Opportunity for architects and designers to incorporate colorful and vibrant elements into their building designs.
2. Kaleidoscopic Skylines - Potential for cities to create unique and visually captivating skylines by incorporating a mix of colorful buildings.
3. Symmetry and Form in Architecture - Opportunity for architects to explore the use of symmetry and geometric shapes in their building designs.
1. Architecture - Architecture firms can embrace the use of vibrant colors and unique designs to create visually striking buildings for clients.
2. Photography - Photographers specializing in architectural photography can capture the beauty of rainbow buildings and create compelling visual content for various purposes.
3. Urban Development - Urban planners and developers can incorporate rainbow buildings into city landscapes to attract tourists and create vibrant, unique neighborhoods.