A band called Tubelord created the Rainboliatric project to get new creative artwork for their 7â€ single 'Propeller.' The band started with 500 blank vinyl sleeves, which then made their way to illustrators and artists around the world.
The result? 500 unique representations of the single. Rainboliatric is an exciting example of how to build buzz, and 'Propeller' is sure to profit from Tubelord's inventive promotion.
Implications - The music industry has seen a rapid decline as a result of the rise of music sharing tools and music blogs which allow audiences to listen to music for free. It takes more than just talent and good music to spark the consumer desire to buy hard copy album. Extravagant album art work is one of a few means of generating buzz about an album, and inspiring listeners to buy them.
Rainboliatric Invites Artists the World Over to Illustrate 'Propeller'
1. Crowdsourced Artwork - Using crowdsourcing to create unique and eye-catching artwork for music singles and albums.
2. Limited Edition Vinyl Releases - Using limited edition vinyl releases to create buzz and engage with fans in the digital age.
3. Global Collaborations - Reaching out to artists and illustrators around the world to create unique and culturally diverse album artwork.
1. Music Industry - Crowdsourcing artwork for music singles and albums can be a creative and cost-effective way to build buzz and engagement.
2. Graphic Design Industry - Collaborating with musicians and bands to create album artwork can lead to unique and exciting creative opportunities for graphic designers.
3. Marketing Industry - Using limited edition vinyl releases and unique album artwork as a marketing strategy can help build brand identity and engage with consumers in new ways.