Hipsters aren't the only iPhone Camera+ app enthusiasts; singer Rachael Yamagata used her own iPhone to capture the photograph seen on the cover of her most recent album. The singer-songwriter opted for her mobile phone over the use of an expensive and professional SLR camera.
The album, entitled Chesapeake, was created not only using the Camera+ app, but also because of an act of spontaneity. Rachael Yamagata wanted the cover of her album to reflect the unplanned happenings of music and art. The drummer of her band is responsible for the photograph. Using her iPhone in lieu of an expensive camera, Rachael Yamagata managed to create a truly unique album cover, with a very DIY quality.
Implications - Businesses that create products that enable consumers to create their own personalized experiences will likely fare well amongst society today. DIY products will generate large profits as they will result in consumers feeling empowered and in control.
Singer Rachael Yamagata Used Her iPhone to Capture Her CD Art
1. DIY Products - Creating products that enable consumers to personalize their experiences can generate large profits.
2. Mobile Photography - The rise of mobile photography presents opportunities for businesses to cater to the growing demand for high-quality smartphone cameras and photography apps.
3. Spontaneous Creativity - Encouraging spontaneity in the creative process can lead to unique and unconventional outcomes, giving businesses the opportunity to innovate and stand out.
1. Consumer Electronics - The consumer electronics industry can capitalize on the demand for smartphones with advanced camera features and accessories that enhance mobile photography.
2. Digital Photography Services - Businesses offering digital photography services and platforms that cater to mobile photographers can tap into the growing market for high-quality mobile photography.
3. Music Industry - The music industry can embrace the trend of DIY album covers and explore collaborations with mobile photographers and artists, creating unique and personalized visuals for albums.