Students at Minnesota Carleton College decided to pay homage to Star Wars and the George Lucas series by creating a giant R2D2 observatory, essentially costuming a school building in R2D2 apparel.
I guess students at Minnesota Carleton College are avid 'Star Wars fans,' because it would take a lot of energy and money to create an R2D2 that large. Nevertheless, I'm sure students on campus definitely got a kick out of it of this huge homage to the 'Star Wars' robot in the form of an R2D2 observatory.
Minnesota Carleton College Creates an Oversize R2D2 Observatory
1. Pop Culture Homage Architecture - The trend of creating large-scale architecture designs that pay homage to popular movies, TV shows or other iconic pop culture references presents a disruptive innovation opportunity in the field of architecture and construction.
2. Science and Pop Culture Crossover - The trend of creating science-themed installations and observatories that reference popular movie franchises such as 'Star Wars' presents a disruptive innovation opportunity at the intersection of science education and pop culture marketing.
3. Graffiti-inspired Architecture - The trend of transforming buildings into public art installations, such as the R2D2 observatory, presents a disruptive innovation opportunity that merges street art and urban design.
1. Architecture and Construction - The architecture and construction industry can capitalize on the trend of creating large-scale, pop culture inspired designs by offering new services tailored to the needs of clients seeking unique and creative designs.
2. Science Education - Science educators can leverage the crossover between popular movies, such as 'Star Wars,' and scientific concepts by creating engaging installations or observatories that inspire young audiences to pursue scientific careers.
3. Street Art and Urban Design - Urban designers and city officials can utilize the trend of transforming buildings into public art installations as a tool for beautification and community engagement, while also offering new opportunities for street artists to showcase their work.