Quiet Motion presents itself as a merry-go-round that would most appeal to contemplative adults. It displays in the Via dei Cavalieri del Santo Sepolcro 3, in Milan. The installation comprises a cluster of round platforms that layer up to smaller circles that swivel slowly. These are capped with round shelters and are minimally enclosed by blue blinds that dangle from the upper perimeter.
Designed by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec, this setup was sponsored by BMW as part of their initiative to promote electric vehicles. The company wished to emphasize this notions of smooth movement and near silence that you experience when you drive an EV. The materials used in Quiet Motion include leather and cork, marrying the textures that you'll find in domestic and automotive interiors.
Quiet Motion Invites People to Seek Peace on Pivoting Platforms
1. Contemplative Installations - Creating calming and introspective installations that invite people to seek peace and tranquility.
2. Minimalistic Design - Adopting a minimalist approach to design, using simple materials and clean lines to create a serene environment.
3. Promotion of Electric Vehicles - Using art installations to promote the smooth movement and near silence experienced when driving electric vehicles.
1. Art Installation - Opportunity for artists and designers to create contemplative installations that evoke a sense of peace and introspection.
2. Interior Design - Incorporating minimalistic and serene design principles into residential and commercial spaces for a calming environment.
3. Automotive - Collaborating with artists and designers to integrate calming and harmonious design elements into electric vehicles.