While it doesn't improve battery life itself, Qualcomm's 'Quick Charge 4' system is pretty incredible when it comes to restoring a battery to full strength. Considering how much time people spend on their devices, battery life is becoming as important as anything else that their technology offers. Quick Charge 4 is 20 percent faster than any other charging system, letting users get back onto their dead devices in a snap.
According to Qualcomm, Quick Charge 4 four devices and chargers can provide five hours of battery life with just five minutes of charging. To achieve this outrageous speed, Qualcomm developed an algorithm called Intelligent Negotiation for Optimum Voltage, or INOV, which manages power on devices. INOV also monitors and manages thermal levels, so charging will be optimized based on temperature conditions.
Qualcomm's 'Quick Charge 4' is Blazing Fast and Efficient
1. Fast Charging Technology - Qualcomm's Quick Charge 4 showcases the potential for charging technology to improve rapidly and become an even more important aspect of device usage.
2. Battery Management Systems - INOV shows that there is a market for battery management systems that can optimize charging rates based on device conditions.
3. Efficiency Algorithms - Qualcomm's development of INOV points towards potential disruptions in the market for efficiency algorithms that can save time and energy in device charging.
1. Mobile Devices - Fast charging technology and battery management systems will be increasingly important for companies that create mobile devices.
2. Consumer Electronics - As consumers become more reliant on technology, efficiency algorithms will become a key selling point for electronics companies.
3. Energy - Efficiency algorithms and battery management systems may have potential applications within the energy sector in areas such as renewable energy and storage.