Sad because you can't connect to the internet at the cottage? Don't worry. Soon the internet will even be available in space.
"Forget the world wide web. Through a project called the interplanetary internet, Hooke and networking guru Vint Cerf, co-creator the internet's TCP/IP protocol, have been working for the past six years to develop a standard for communicating in disconnected environments, where an uninterrupted two-way dialog isn't possible." - Wired
Implications - XX
After all, you know that if Wired is covering a story it is likely that it's highly influential on media as well as on the world of technology. I myself bet that pushing the internet into space is a very smart project that will be happening in the near future.
1. Interplanetary Internet - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing a standard for communicating in disconnected environments, where an uninterrupted two-way dialog isn't possible, opens up possibilities for space exploration and communication.
2. Internet Connectivity in Space - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Extending internet availability to space enables the seamless connection of space missions, satellite communication, and remote exploration.
3. Expanding Internet Access - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Pushing the internet into space opens doors for expanding internet access to remote and disconnected areas on Earth.
1. Space Exploration - Disruptive innovation opportunity: The interplanetary internet offers new ways of communication and coordination for space missions, revolutionizing how we explore and understand the universe.
2. Satellite Communications - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Internet connectivity in space enhances satellite communication systems, providing improved coverage, speed, and reliability for global communication networks.
3. Telecommunications - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Expanding internet access through space connectivity can bridge the digital divide, bringing reliable and high-speed internet to underserved areas worldwide.