SpaceX, an American aerospace company owned by Elon Musk, has announced that its internet service Starlink will be expanding to an additional 32 countries worldwide. Outside of the U.S., Starlink has already been available in the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Australia, Chile, and Brazil. Now, the company's satellite service will be offered to most of South America, Africa, and Asia, by 2023.
For those interested, Starlink offers an easy-to-use map for checking their nation's availability. The map includes areas labeled as "available," "waitlist," and "coming soon." According to the company, anyone who orders a Starlink setup kit from an area labeled "available" can expect to receive their unit "immediately" via mail. Unfortunately, the new announcement appears to have also arrived with a price increase on Starlink's products.
Image Credit: SpaceX
SpaceX's Starlink Expands Its Internet Service to 32 More Countries
1. Satellite Internet Expansion - The expansion of Starlink's satellite service to 32 more countries creates new opportunities in providing accessible, affordable internet services worldwide.
2. Affordable Satellite Internet - Opportunities exist for businesses to find innovative ways to leverage and market affordable satellite Internet making remote work more widely accessible.
3. Increased Global Connectivity - The continued growth of Starlink's satellite service across 32 countries presents unique opportunities for businesses and entities looking to capitalize on the increased connectivity to optimize communication and data transfer.
1. Telecommunications - As the world becomes increasingly interconnected, Telecommunications companies can take advantage of satellite internet expansion to offer new types of services to customers worldwide.
2. Remote Work - Industries like remote work that operate in areas where connectivity has been an issue in the past could use the increased access to internet services to expand and reach new markets and customer bases.
3. E-commerce - The rise of affordable satellite internet services can help e-commerce businesses streamline operations and expand reach to new markets in countries where reliable internet access has been limited.