The 'Purple Avocado' vase is the latest of Shira Keret's incredible glass blown pieces. A part of Talent Design's 'Still Life- Still Alive' 2012 series, the pieces are magnificent adaptations of a vegetable that has consistently inspired artists from all over the world. Few, however, have replicated Keret's unique ability to merge the avocado shape with an ornate glass-blown look.
The violet tinge of the Purple Avocado vase is different from the rest in that the color fades from top to bottom. Beginning with a deep eggplant-like shade, the dye progressively fades out at the bottom. This almost washed-out look at the wares base is a functional aspect of the design as it allows for the monitoring of flower arrangements, specifically with regards to the amount of water needed. By uniting practicality with craft, Keret has produced a matchless glass blown framework with mass appeal.
The Shira Keret 'Purple Avocado' Blown Glass Pot Reworks Flower Arrangements
1. Ornate Glass-blown Designs - An opportunity for artists and designers to create unique and visually appealing glass-blown pieces inspired by natural shapes.
2. Functional Aesthetics - An opportunity to integrate practical aspects into artistic designs, creating products that are both visually pleasing and useful.
3. Color Gradient Effects - An opportunity to explore creative ways of blending colors in products, adding depth and visual interest.
1. Art and Design - Artists and designers can explore the creation of ornate glass-blown pieces that merge practicality and aesthetics.
2. Home Decor - Home decor companies can integrate functional aspects into their designs, creating products that are not only beautiful but also serve a purpose.
3. Floral Industry - Floral businesses can explore the use of color gradient effects in vases and pots, enhancing the visual appeal of flower arrangements.