With the immanent onset of spring, punk pop princess and singer Avril Lavigne is once again trying her hand at fashion.
A collection rife with cliche’d punk elements, softened by hot pink hues, purple and zebra patterns, Avril Lavigne, the main designer of the punk pop princess line, is quoted saying, “I have a very particular style. I want it to be available to a lot of girls, and I want it to be affordable.”
While cutesy punk-pop princess fashion works for 16-year-old scene kids, it's hard to know if anyone over 18 will shell out for these pieces, no matter how dirt-cheap they come; purple houndstooth skinnies don't flatter every leg.
Avril Lavigne's Second Attempt at Her Own Fashion Collection
1. Affordable Punk Fashion - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the fashion industry by creating more affordable and accessible punk-inspired clothing for a wider range of age groups.
2. Youth-targeted Fashion - Potential for disruptive innovation in the fashion industry by developing fashion lines specifically designed for the youth market, incorporating elements of punk-pop style.
3. Alternative Prints and Patterns - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the fashion industry by introducing unique and unconventional prints and patterns into mainstream fashion, inspired by punk-pop aesthetics.
1. Fashion Retail - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the fashion retail industry by offering affordable and stylish punk-pop princess-inspired clothing for a wider age range of customers.
2. Youth Fashion - Potential for disruptive innovation in the youth fashion industry by creating fashion lines that cater specifically to the taste and style preferences of the youth market.
3. Printed Textiles - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the printed textiles industry by developing unique and alternative prints and patterns inspired by punk-pop fashion to cater to a wider consumer base.