Answering the desperate pleas of cyclists everywhere, the PumpTire hopes to reduce or altogether eliminate the need for pesky, routine reinflations of your bicycle tires.
As an everyday cyclist, it's frustrating to know that my tires are constantly losing pressure even as I type this article, hundreds of feet away from my locked bike. Luckily, Benjamin Krempel and his venture-capital cohorts set out to solve this problem permanently. The PumpTire is comprised of three central components: an inner tube, a unidirectional valve and, of course, the tire itself. When the wheels begin spinning, pressure is exerted onto the inner tube, forcing atmospheric air into the valve where it is held. The result is a bike wheel that constantly reinflates as you ride!
Although the PumpTire is a fully functional product, the San Francisco startup behind it lacks the funds to roll the wheel out into the market. Their goal is to raise $250,000 before the PumpTire is released to the needy cyclists of the world.
Avoid Routine Gas Station Visits with the PumpTire
1. Self-inflating Tires - Revolutionizing the need for constant bicycle tire maintenance.
2. Sustainable Transportation - Promoting eco-friendly and hassle-free transportation.
3. Smart Tire Technology - Integrating technology to improve tire functionality.
1. Cycling - Meeting the needs of both casual and professional cyclists.
2. Automotive - Applying similar tire technology to cars and other vehicles.
3. Sustainability - Promoting eco-friendly solutions to reduce carbon emissions and waste.