Prosperity Candle is a Massachusetts-based social enterprise empowering women in and from distressed regions of the world through candle-making. The purchase of a candle directly supports a woman working to rebuild her life, creating an inspiring connection with the product of which they also guarantee great quality.
Prosperity Candle recently became a Green America Certified Business and are currently in the process of becoming fair trade certified as well.
Prosperity was co-founded by Siiri Morley and Ted Barber, who ran a successful pilot project in Iraq in 2009 and who are currently working with female refugees in West Springfield, Massachusetts. The social business plans to expand into Haiti, Rwanda, Afghanistan, Ghana and Vietnam, in addition to plans for another refugee program in Chicago.
Prosperity Candle website
Prosperity Candle on Facebook
Prosperity Candle on Twitter
Buying a Prosperity Candle Helps Women Refugees Open a Business
1. Socially Responsible Consumerism - Opportunities for companies to create products that not only offer quality but also support a social cause.
2. Craft-based Entrepreneurship - Opportunities for social enterprises to empower women in distressed regions through skills training and business development.
3. Global Expansion of Social Enterprises - Opportunities for social businesses to expand into new regions and create a greater impact.
1. Candles - Craft-based businesses creating candles that support social causes.
2. Social Enterprises - Socially responsible businesses empowering women through entrepreneurship.
3. Non-profits - Organizations focusing on global impact and empowerment through skills training and business development.