Founded in 2007, Promethean Power Systems is a Boston-based social business currently working in India to provide cold storage in rural villages. The four-person company plans to one day expand to Southeast Asia, Africa and Latin America.
"We saw the opportunity to build a profitable business in India and at the same time do good," co-founder Sam White (the other co-founder is Sorin Grama) told Bloomberg Businessweek when the team was nominated as one of America's Most Promising Social Entrepreneurs of 2011.
Being able to store food is extremely important when it comes to food security, which is why this business has potential to grow into a profitable company with both social and environmental impacts.
The featured video is a sneak peek at the newest Promethean innovation.
Promethean Power Systems website
Promethean Power Systems on Facebook
Promethean Power Systems on Twitter
Co-Founder Sam White on YouTube
Promethean Power Systems is a Social Business Providing Refrigeration
1. Cold Storage in Rural Villages - Opportunity to provide cold storage solutions in rural areas for food security.
2. Social Business Model - Opportunity to create a profitable business model with social and environmental impacts.
3. Expansion to Other Regions - Opportunity to expand to Southeast Asia, Africa, and Latin America with successful business model.
1. Agriculture - Opportunity for agriculture industry to improve food security and reduce waste with cold storage solutions.
2. Renewable Energy - Opportunity for renewable energy industry to provide sustainable energy for cold storage solutions in rural areas.
3. Social Entrepreneurship - Opportunity for social entrepreneurs to build profitable businesses with social and environmental impacts.