To give electric cars a jolt, Project Better Place proposes a plan similar to the cell phone launch.
Their idea is to heavily subsidize the cost of the equipment and charge only for the service. In this case, the car might be free, if you agree to buy the battery and recharge at specified vendor locations. They are working with Renault to design a car for this intriguing concept.
Implications - Project Better Place states that its good relationship with manufacturers and suppliers will help to create some amazing benefits for its network subscribers. These benefits will include lower prices for cars and batteries that will cost much less than a tank of gas. Not only will you be saving a handful of money buying one of these cars, but you will also be helping to save the environment too.
Project Better Place
1. Subsidized Electric Cars - Project Better Place proposes subsidizing the cost of electric cars to make them more affordable and accessible.
2. Battery Subscription Model - Project Better Place introduces a subscription model where customers buy the battery and recharge at specified locations.
3. Partnerships with Manufacturers - Project Better Place's collaboration with Renault creates opportunities for innovative car designs for their subscription-based model.
1. Electric Vehicle Manufacturing - The concept of subsidized electric cars and subscription-based battery models presents disruptive innovation opportunities for the electric vehicle manufacturing industry.
2. Battery Technology - The subscription-based battery model requires advancements in battery technology to optimize performance and charging infrastructure, leading to disruptive innovation in the battery industry.
3. Renewable Energy - The integration of electric vehicles and renewable energy sources creates disruptive innovation opportunities for the renewable energy industry to develop sustainable charging solutions and infrastructure.