Burger King is very front-facing with its advertising strategy, often allowing consumers to take part or interact with its ads, and this crowdsourcing prank campaign initiative is a great example of that. The fast food establishment decides to tap the imagination and the drive for mischief of college students for April Fools'. Partnering up with the Cilo Awards, the prank campaign bears the clever name of 'King's Fools' Challenge.'
Participants are allowed to submit a variety of materials that boast ideas which focus on combinations of branded entertainment, design, experiential/events, innovation, out-of-home, collaborations, social media and more. The winner of this crowdsourcing initative will receive a Gold Cilo statue, as well as the opportunity to work with Burger King's creative team at the fast food restaurant's Miami location with the objective to facilitate the prank.
Burger King Taps the Expertise of College Students for April Fools'
1. Crowdsourcing Prank Campaigns - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Leveraging the creativity and ingenuity of the crowd to develop engaging and memorable prank campaigns.
2. Branded Entertainment Collaboration - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Partnering with companies or organizations to create unique and impactful branded entertainment experiences for consumers.
3. Experiential Marketing Innovation - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Using innovative approaches to create immersive and interactive brand experiences that resonate with consumers.
1. Fast Food - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporating crowdsourcing and prank campaigns into the marketing strategies of fast food chains to engage with their target audience in new and exciting ways.
2. Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Embracing the power of crowdsourcing and collaboration in advertising campaigns to deliver creative and compelling messages to consumers.
3. Creative Agencies - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaboration with college students and other creative individuals to bring fresh and unique ideas to the creative agency landscape, especially in the realm of experiential marketing.