If you could take the essence of what it means to be in love and put it in an editorial, you would be left with the 'True Romance' editorial in Porter Magazine's Winter 2014 issue.
Ava Smith wanders along beautiful landscapes (think lush gardens, cool ponds, old buildings and architectural ruins) dressed in princess gowns that look fit for a little girl's fantasy. Though she's alone, it seems like Smith is waiting for her Prince Charming to show up at any moment; the photographs are alive with a feeling of anticipation.
The creative team involved in bringing this fantasy to life included fashion editor Maya Zepinic, hair stylist Raphael Salley, makeup artist Lynsey Alexander and photographer Erik Madigan Heck.
Ava Smith Stars in Porter Magazine;s Winter Issue
1. Romantic Fairy Tale Fashion - Opportunities for fashion brands to incorporate elements of fantasy and enchantment into their designs.
2. Dreamy Landscape Photography - Opportunities for photographers to capture the beauty of natural landscapes in a dream-like and romantic way.
3. Escapist Editorial Campaigns - Opportunities for magazines and brands to create editorial content that transports readers/viewers to otherworldly and fantastical settings.
1. Fashion - Romantic and whimsical fashion designs that draw inspiration from fairy tales and fantasy.
2. Photography - Dreamy and romantic landscape photography that captures the raw beauty of nature.
3. Publishing - Creating escapist editorial campaigns that transport readers to otherworldly and enchanting settings through visual storytelling and stunning photography.