When you think of 3D printers, most of the time you probably imagine them sitting in place—but this portable 3D printer is super small, cost-effective and made for use on the go. As well as adopting a novel form, the LumiFold printer makes use of an interesting printing technique called stereolithography, which involves curing resin with UV light.
While some 3D printers will run upwards of thousands of dollars in cost, this one only rings in at about $400. The LumiFold gets it name from its ability to fold up into a form that's only about an inch thick, which truly makes it ideal for taking with you on the go. Earlier this year, the LumiFold was introduced in a highly sucessful Indiegogo campaign, which inspired the second iteration of the machine, the LumiPocket.
This Mobile Printer Folds Down to an Inch for Easy Transportation
1. Portable 3D Printers - The trend of portable 3D printers allows for convenient and accessible 3D printing on the go.
2. Cost-effective 3D Printing - The trend of cost-effective 3D printers aims to make 3D printing more affordable for a wider range of users.
3. Stereolithography Printing - The trend of stereolithography printing offers a unique and efficient printing technique using UV light to cure resin.
1. Consumer Electronics - The consumer electronics industry can leverage portable 3D printers to create innovative products and designs.
2. Manufacturing - The manufacturing industry can benefit from cost-effective 3D printers to streamline production processes and reduce costs.
3. Design and Prototyping - The design and prototyping industry can embrace stereolithography printing for faster and more accurate product development.