Just when it seems like every possible chicken sandwich combination has been done, Sonic Drive-In has launched a new Popcorn Chicken Po’ Boy.
For those unfamiliar, a po' boy is a traditional sandwich from Louisiana, that usually features roast beef or fried seafood, such as shrimp, crawfish, fish, oysters, or crab. The meat or seafood is then served on New Orleans French bread, which is known for its crisp crust and fluffy center.
Inspired by the classic Louisiana sandwich, Sonic Drive-In has launched a new Popcorn Chicken Po’ Boy, which features the brand's crispy, white meat Jumbo Popcorn Chicken topped with shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes, diced onions, mayo, and creamy blackened mayo. The whole thing is served on a warm and soft, hinge-sliced hoagie roll. As Sonic's Vice President of Product Innovation and Development Scott Uehlein explains, "With a smoky, Southern-style mayo, the Popcorn Chicken Po’Boy spins a SONIC staple that guests know and love."
Image Credit: Sonic
Sonic Drive-In is Launching a Popcorn Chicken Po’ Boy
1. Popcorn Chicken Po’ Boy - Introducing regional cuisine-inspired takes on classic fast food items creates opportunities for unique menu offerings.
2. Louisiana-inspired Sandwiches - Exploring regional cuisine and incorporating it into fast food can create a loyal fan base with a craving for authentic flavors.
3. New Takes on Classic Sandwiches - Innovation in sandwich combinations and ingredients can create buzz and excitement for customers seeking new dining experiences.
1. Fast Food - Incorporating regional cuisine into the fast food industry can set a brand apart and create a unique selling proposition.
2. Restaurant - Exploring regional cuisine and incorporating it into restaurant menus can create an opportunity for a unique dining experience and set a restaurant apart from competitors.
3. Food and Beverage Manufacturing - Innovating and creating new sandwich combinations and regional flavors can create new business opportunities in the food and beverage industry.