For Pokémon fanatics who didn't grow up playing the iconic video game, a new web series called 'Pokémon Generations' was created to help new fans catch up. Made up of just 18 short webisodes (only about five minutes long each), the series helped fans catch up on seven iterations of the iconic game.
Pokémon Generations is a YouTube series that premiered last September and ran until December of 2016. Similar to the previous web shorts 'Pokémon Origins,' the recent series was designed to tell the origin story of the popular game. It was largely intended to appeal to newer fans who were looking for a quick way to catch up on the series. The short webisodes also helped older fans relived some of the most iconic moments from past generations such as 'Pokémon Silver and Gold.'
With growing interest in the revival of older content, web series' such as Pokémon Generations provides a quick and entertaining way for newer fans to gain context.
'Pokémon Generations' Helps Fans Catch Up on the Classic Series
1. Revival of Older Content - Web series' like 'Pokémon Generations' are capitalizing on the growing interest in reviving older content by providing a quick and entertaining way for newer fans to gain context.
2. Short Webisodes - The popularity of short webisodes, like the 5-minute episodes in 'Pokémon Generations,' presents an opportunity for businesses to create bite-sized content that caters to the fast-paced online viewing habits of consumers.
3. Origin Story Explorations - Web series' focused on exploring the origin stories of popular franchises, such as 'Pokémon Generations,' offer a chance for businesses to delve into untapped nostalgia and create innovative content experiences.
1. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can take advantage of the trend of reviving older content by creating web series' that cater to fans who want to catch up on beloved franchises, like 'Pokémon Generations.'
2. Digital Media - The digital media industry can leverage the popularity of short webisodes, as seen in 'Pokémon Generations,' to develop interactive and engaging content formats that resonate with online audiences.
3. Gaming - The gaming industry has the opportunity to explore origin story explorations, inspired by series' like 'Pokémon Generations,' to expand the lore and fanbase of their popular franchises.