This pointed roof house is the epitome of dramatically elegant. Designed with contemporary sensibilities in mind and located in the Santiago area outside of Santa Teresa, Costa Rica, the striking structure is envisioned by architecture firm Studio Saxe.
The pointed roof house, which is named the 'Santiago Hills Villa,' is a luxury residence that spans 400 square meters. The units of the home are dispersed among several white volumes. Studio Saxe sought out to take maximum advantage of the lush surroundings and, therefore, angled every space in the home to view the ocean. In doing so, the studio shares that it was able to create "a geometric relationship between the roofline and the spaces that became the primary element of design."
Image Credit: Andres Garcia Lachner
Studio Saxe Designs a Dramatic Home in a Remote Part of Costa Rica
1. Pointed Roof Design - Explore innovative uses of pointed roof designs to create visually striking and architecturally unique structures.
2. Luxury Residences - Discover opportunities for designing and building luxury residences that integrate seamlessly with natural surroundings.
3. Geometric Relationship Design - Embrace the concept of creating a geometric relationship between architectural elements and spaces for a cohesive and visually pleasing design aesthetic.
1. Architecture and Design - Architects and designers can leverage pointed roof designs and geometric relationships to push the boundaries of residential and commercial construction.
2. Real Estate - Real estate developers can capitalize on the demand for luxury residences that offer a harmonious connection with nature and stunning architectural features.
3. Tourism and Hospitality - Hotels and resorts can use pointed roof designs and lush surroundings to create unique and captivating guest experiences in remote and scenic locations.