Not a trend to be ignored nor is it one that's going away, plus-size fashion is booming now more than ever. The New York Times published an article on how retailers are seeing the growing-market opportunities in this plus-size category. While the rest of the women clothing industry saw a decline, the plus-size sector increased by 1.4 per cent.
With the launch of Full Figured Fashion Week in New York City last year, retailers may find unique ways to overcome the challenges of making plus-size garments more available. Reaching this target demographic that claims, according to Gwen DeVoe (a former model and Full Figured Fashion Week producer) that their “pockets are fat!”
Clothing Industries are Catering More to Plus-Size Fashions
1. Plus-size Fashion Boom - The plus-size fashion industry is rapidly growing, providing opportunities for retailers to increase sales and cater to a previously underserved market.
2. Full Figured Fashion Week - Fashion weeks dedicated to plus-size clothing could provide a platform for designers to showcase their work and retailers to discover new products and strategies.
3. Increasing Market Opportunities - The plus-size sector is seeing growth even as the overall women's clothing industry experiences decline, indicating potential for retailers to capitalize on this expanding market.
1. Fashion and Apparel - Fashion retailers can benefit from increasing their offerings of plus-size clothing and accessories, creating a more inclusive and diverse consumer experience.
2. Online Retail - Online retailers have the opportunity to reach a wider audience and offer a greater selection of plus-size clothing, potentially disrupting the traditional brick-and-mortar retail industry.
3. Beauty and Cosmetics - Beauty and cosmetics companies can provide products specifically designed for plus-size individuals, further promoting inclusivity and catering to this growing market.