Videos like the ‘PlayStation Move Kills Mii’ are just one of the many reasons why the PlayStation has been and always will be my favorite video game console. This video features a man being relentlessly chased by, and finally murdering, a Mii.
Now Sony’s name is not mentioned anywhere in this video, but I am hard-pressed to believe that they didn’t have a hand in this video's creation. PlayStation is known for their clever and often confrontational ads. Check their latest out above.
The ‘PlayStation Move Kills Mii' Video Shows Sony's Agression
1. Video Game Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Companies can create clever and confrontational ads to capture the attention of gamers and promote their products.
2. User-generated Content - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Brands can capitalize on user-generated content to showcase their products and engage with consumers in a creative and interactive way.
3. Brand Advocacy - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Companies can leverage enthusiastic customers to create viral videos and generate brand awareness through word-of-mouth marketing.
1. Video Game Console Manufacturers - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Console manufacturers can actively encourage users to create and share fan-made videos to promote their gaming platforms.
2. Advertising Agencies - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Ad agencies can explore unconventional and provocative advertising strategies to stand out in the crowded video game industry.
3. Social Media Platforms - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Social media platforms can provide tools and features that enable users to easily create and share entertaining content related to video games.