The 'Planty Cube' is a smart vertical farming solution that has been developed by the South Korea-based agriculture and IoT startup n.thing as a potential solution for cities to help them grow produce in small spaces. Shown off at CES 2020, the vertical farming solution keeps the functionality of a 40-foot smart farm concealed in a shipping container-like enclosure. The interior has shelves and rows filled with capsules called Pickcells that can be used for growing high-quality vegetation in an automated hydroponic manner thanks to a computer-operated system.
The 'Planty Cube' won an Innovation Award at CES 2020 and is capable of being remotely controlled to further enhance the hands-off functionality of the farming system.
Image Credit: n.thing
The 'Planty Cube' Won an Innovation Award at CES 2020
1. Vertical Farming - The 'Planty Cube' showcases the trend of vertical farming, providing a disruptive innovation opportunity for urban agriculture and sustainable food production.
2. Smart Agriculture - The 'Planty Cube' exemplifies the trend of smart agriculture, presenting a disruptive innovation opportunity for efficient and automated farming practices.
3. Iot in Agriculture - The 'Planty Cube' highlights the trend of incorporating IoT in agriculture, offering a disruptive innovation opportunity for enhanced monitoring and control of farming operations.
1. Urban Agriculture - The 'Planty Cube' caters to the urban agriculture industry by enabling city dwellers to grow produce in small spaces using vertical farming techniques.
2. Sustainable Food Production - The 'Planty Cube' addresses the need for sustainable food production by providing a compact and eco-friendly solution for growing high-quality vegetation in controlled environments.
3. Smart Farming Technology - The 'Planty Cube' contributes to the smart farming technology industry by offering a computer-operated system that automates hydroponic cultivation, optimizing resource utilization and crop yield.