'Pinky Slang' is a new website that is dedicated to fleshing out the meaning behind every hand signal. 'Pinky Slang' takes crowd-sourced hand gestures and their explanations and posts them up for the world to share.
'Pinky Slang' is the "Urban Dictionary" of cultural sign language. While most gestures and their explanations are tame, some border on vulgar with the most noticeable example being the sign for 'The Shocker.' The website is still in its infancy, but I expect 'Pinky Slang' to grow into a thriving online archive for all gesture-related communication.
'Pinky Slang' is the "Urban Dictionary" of Hand Signs
1. Gesture-based Communication - Opportunity to develop new forms of non-verbal communication using hand signs and gestures.
2. Crowdsourced Knowledge Platforms - Opportunity to create online platforms that gather and share knowledge from users on specific topics.
3. Cultural Language Translation - Opportunity to build tools and applications that help understand and translate cultural hand signals across different communities.
1. Language Learning - Disruptive innovation opportunity to incorporate hand sign language as a new aspect of language instruction.
2. Social Media - Opportunity to integrate hand gestures and signs as expressive elements in social media platforms.
3. Cultural Studies - Opportunity to explore and analyze the cultural significance of hand signs and gestures worldwide.