You don't have to be an anime geek to enjoy these Pikachu nails. All you have to have is a wicked sense of style. I mean, I'm not one for manicures, but I'd love to have my nails creatively adorned with images of my favorite Pokemon. And since these are so skillfully painted, it's hard to do anything but admire the awesomeness that is these Pokemanicures.
The Pikachu nails alternates between close-ups of the cuddly electric critter's face and a wider-angled depiction where you can see the rodent's ears. Heyphoebehey, who painted the glamorous cuticles, also has a collection of other nail patterns on her Tumblr site. Personally, I can't wait until she paints Squirtle onto some lucky person's toenails.
Implications - Consumers enjoy adorning themselves with pop culture-related products because they allow them to demonstrate their unique interests. Corporations may consider making beautification products with media references to satiate consumer desire to express their pop culture interests.
Pikachu Nails Are as Electrifying as the Famous Pokemon Itself
1. Pop Culture Manicures - There is a growing trend of consumers getting manicures with pop culture references, presenting an opportunity for beauty salons and nail artists to offer unique designs.
2. Creative Nail Art - The popularity of creatively painted nails opens up opportunities for nail artists to explore innovative designs and techniques.
3. Customized Beautification Products - Consumer demand for unique and personalized beauty products creates opportunities for corporations to develop customized nail polish collections featuring popular media references.
1. Beauty Salons - Beauty salons can capitalize on the trend of pop culture manicures by offering specialized nail art services and collaborating with talented nail artists.
2. Nail Art Supplies - The demand for creative nail art presents an opportunity for the nail art supplies industry to develop and offer innovative tools and materials.
3. Beauty Product Brands - Beauty product brands can tap into the customized beautification trend by creating nail polish collections inspired by popular media, collaborating with influencers, and offering customization options.