The Pickle Rick donut, the Simple Rick’s Wafer Cookie, and Strawberry Smiggles’ donut are part of an exclusive collaboration between beloved Krispy Kreme and cult-classic animation series Rick and Morty. Without a doubt an exciting launch for many fans of the show, the donuts are only available in Australia until March 16th or until supplies last.
The Pickle Rick donut is not what people might think, though. It doesn't taste like pickles. Krispy Kreme describes the flavor of its Pickle Rick donut as part of "an alternative universe where pickles taste like lemon créme and white chocolate."
In addition, the Krispy Kreme and Rick and Morty collaboration also boasts the Fleeb Juice shake, made from milk, ice cream, raspberry, and "blue heaven" syrups.
Image Credit: Krispy Kreme
The Rick and Morty x Krispy Kreme Boasts the Pickle Rick Donut & More
1. Animation-inspired Donuts - The collaboration between Krispy Kreme and Rick and Morty highlights the trend of animation-inspired food products.
2. Limited-time Exclusivity - The availability of these donuts only in Australia until a certain date taps into the trend of creating exclusive offerings to drive consumer excitement.
3. Flavor Innovation - The unconventional flavor combinations of the Pickle Rick donut and Fleeb Juice shake demonstrate the trend of pushing boundaries and experimenting with unique taste profiles.
1. Food and Beverage - The collaboration between Krispy Kreme and Rick and Morty opens up opportunities for other food and beverage companies to create cross-promotional partnerships with popular entertainment brands.
2. Animation and Entertainment - The success of the Krispy Kreme and Rick and Morty collaboration showcases the potential for animation and entertainment companies to expand their reach by entering into collaborations with food and beverage brands.
3. Limited Edition Collectibles - The limited-time availability of the animation-inspired donuts creates opportunities for collectors and enthusiasts to acquire unique and exclusive items, thus driving the growth of the collectibles market.