The Philips Fidelio M2L set of headphones are the first headphones that can connect with audio-playing devices using the compact Lightning jack rather than the comparatively cumbersome standard 3.5 mm port. These headphones are fitted with a built-in 24-bit digital to analog converter that boosts sound quality. In addition to providing higher resolution audio, the use of a Lightning connector also reduces noise and crosstalk.
By becoming the first Lightning-equipped consumer headphones out there, the Philips Fidelio M2L cans have beaten Beats by Dre to the punch, with many people assuming that the Apple-owned Dr. Dre project would be the first to introduce Lightning-compatible headphones.
If this product appeals to you, you'll have to wait just a little bit longer -- until December to be precise -- and set aside around $323.
The Philips Fidelio M2L is the First Lightning-Equipped Headphone
1. Lightning-connected Headphones - The trend of using Lightning connectors for headphones presents an opportunity for audio companies to improve sound quality and reduce noise.
2. Digital-to-analog Converter (DAC) Integration - The trend of integrating DACs into headphones creates opportunities for audio technology companies to enhance sound quality and provide higher resolution audio experiences.
3. Competing with Beats by Dre - The trend of releasing Lightning-equipped headphones before Beats by Dre provides an opportunity for companies to capture a share of the market and establish themselves as leaders in the industry.
1. Audio Technology - The audio technology industry can capitalize on the trend of Lightning-connected headphones by developing innovative products that enhance sound quality and user experience.
2. Consumer Electronics - The consumer electronics industry can benefit from the trend of integrating digital-to-analog converters into headphones by creating high-quality audio products that cater to audiophiles and music enthusiasts.
3. Headphone Manufacturers - Headphone manufacturers have an opportunity to compete with Beats by Dre and establish themselves as leaders by releasing Lightning-equipped headphones before their competitors.