PH5 is a New York-based, Chinese fashion brand that's creating empowering and high-end garments to alter the public's perception of what "made in China" really means.
All of the thoughtfully designed clothes are made in a private workshop in China and hope to empower women with bold silhouettes, vibrant colors and memorable patterns. Wei Lin, the company's founder combines “whimsical designs with architectural dimensions of knitting techniques” to present the fashionable consumer with a luxurious line of knitwear that's as unconventional as it is comfortable.
In order to further the message of empowerment, the brand's latest Fall/Winter 2018 line is modeled by women who are experiencing great success in their field of work.
Image Credit: PH5
Ph5 is Changing the Public's Perception of "Made in China"
1. Empowering Fashion - The trend of creating fashion lines that empower women with bold silhouettes and vibrant colors presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the fashion industry.
2. Redefining 'made in China' - The trend of changing the public's perception of 'Made in China' through thoughtfully designed and high-end garments opens up opportunities for disruptive innovation in the manufacturing industry.
3. Inclusive Modeling - The trend of featuring women who are excelling in their respective fields as models in fashion campaigns offers an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the modeling and advertising industry.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can capitalize on the trend of empowering women through bold silhouettes, vibrant colors, and memorable patterns, and disrupt conventional fashion norms.
2. Manufacturing - The manufacturing industry can leverage the trend of redefining 'Made in China' by producing thoughtfully designed and high-end garments, challenging stereotypes and traditional notions of manufacturing in China.
3. Modeling and Advertising - The modeling and advertising industry can embrace the trend of inclusive modeling by featuring successful women as models, promoting diversity and challenging traditional beauty standards.