This is awesome:
Hidden somewhere in the world is a buried treasure with a $200,000 reward. All you have to do to claim the bounty is solve a series of cryptic puzzles. Sounds simple? Well, it's not. Perplex City is an Alternate Reality Game (ARG) that blends real-life treasure hunting, interactive fiction, puzzle-solving, online communities, and live events in cities around the world. It's a sort of bizarre mix between Alice in Wonderland and The Matrix Here's how this awesome ARG works:
- Buy Perplex City Card packs (6 cards per pack - card measurement: 4"X6").
- The puzzle cards feature optical illusions, riddles, mazes, origami, anagrams, codes, pop culture trivia, and even the odd Sudoku.
- Go to the Perplex City website and enter the puzzle solutions and any codes discovered.
- You'll earn points for all correct solutions and codes, and get closer and closer to winning the $200,000.
Alternate Reality Treasure Hunts
More Stats +/-
Top 85 Life-Stages Innovations in August
Balanced Stability Boats
Dippable Yogurt Snacks
Iconic Celebratory Gamer Consoles
Cute Ice Cream Mooncakes
Free 2018 Report & eBook
Get the top 100 trends happening right NOW -- plus a FREE copy of our award-winning book.
Our Research Methodology
This article is one of 350,000 experiments. We use crowd filtering, big data and AI to identify insights.
Uncover a $200,000 Bounty with the Perplex City Card Game
- By: Jeremy GutscheAug 29, 2006