The Abarth is making a comeback. The what? It's a neck-snapping, head-turner that had its hey-day in the 1960's.
You probably know how much excitement the return of the Mini-Cooper caused. The Abarth will cause the same stir in Europe. The Scorpion was a killer on the track as the video shows. It's returning now with exciting styling and performance.
Implications - Comeback trends, not only in the automobile industry, reflect a reaction against futuristic design trends. Any other brand can incorporate retro in their product, service or marketing campaign, but the emphasis on reinvention will appeal to the consumer, in that there must be modern aspects to the "old" product, and more importantly, modern comforts.
1. Performance Mini Cars - There is an opportunity for the automotive industry to focus on the revival of performance mini cars for those who prefer classic designs with modern comforts.
2. Retro Styling - The trend of incorporating retro styling in products, services, or marketing campaigns presents an opportunity for businesses to appeal to consumers who value the past and nostalgia.
3. Reinvention Emphasis - Emphasizing reinvention of classic products can be an effective way for businesses to attract new customers, as it reflects a reaction against futuristic design trends and combines modern aspects with old favorites.
1. Automotive - The automotive industry has an opportunity to capitalize on the growing demand for performance mini cars by incorporating modern comforts into classic designs.
2. Fashion - The revival of retro style products presents an opportunity for the fashion industry to create products and marketing campaigns that appeal to consumers who value nostalgia and the past.
3. Food & Beverage - The emphasis on reinventing classic products can be applied to the food and beverage industry by taking traditional dishes and adding modern twists, creating new and appealing products for customers.