Pepper Mouth is a design by Ultra Modern Life Training Lab that aims to quell your penchant for profanity. Each time you curse online--yes, this peripheral focuses on written curses--a sensor is activated and a pungent peppery aroma is pumped into the air.
Just like pepper spray, the effects of Pepper Mouth include a burning sensation in your mouth, eyes and nose that lingers. See the designer's reasoning behind the Pepper Mouth below.
Implications - It is also important to note that the designer wanted to imitate a grandmother figure who cared greatly about the use of bad language. As many people can relate to accidentally swearing in fron of their parents, this potty mouth peripheral is super relatable and a humorous aid that can be used to make parents and grandparents proud.
Pepper Mouth Makes a Stink When You Swear Online
1. Connected Personal Health Devices - Pepper Mouth is an example of a connected personal health device that uses sensors to monitor behavior and trigger an intervention.
2. Behavioral Modification Technology - Pepper Mouth is part of a growing trend of technology that aims to modify behavior by providing immediate negative feedback in response to unwanted actions.
3. Sensor-triggered Aromatherapy - Pepper Mouth combines sensor technology with aromatherapy to create a unique user experience that can be applied in various industries, such as wellness and hospitality.
1. Wellness - The connected personal health device trend presents opportunities for wellness companies to develop products that help users modify their behavior and improve their health outcomes.
2. Hospitality - Sensor-triggered aromatherapy offers opportunities for hotels and Airbnb hosts to enhance the guest experience and create unique, memorable accommodations.
3. Education - Behavioral modification technology can be applied in the education industry to help students develop good study habits and improve their academic performance.