When you think of Halloween treats, some of the things that probably come to mind first are chips, cookies, chocolate bars, candies and suckers—not Peeps. Although Peeps are best associated with Easter, over the past year the brand has been running the 'Every Day is a Holiday' campaign that wants to make it known that you can enjoy Peeps on any occasion.
Now that Halloween has rolled around, rather than presenting the candy chicks as nice pastel-colored treats, Peeps wants to tone down the sweet and up the scary. With these Halloween-themed images shared on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook that turn Peeps into witches, vampires and creepy peering creatures, Peeps is proving that small, chick-shaped marshmallows can hold their own as the perfect Halloween trick-or-treat snack on any day of the year.
These Peeps Ads Introduce the Easter Treat for Halloween
1. Holiday-themed Marketing - Peeps Every Day is a Holiday Campaign is an opportunity for other brands to explore marketing during unconventional holidays and occasions
2. Alternative Halloween Treats - This Halloween, there is an opportunity to explore new and unconventional sweets or treats for children and adults
3. Brand Reinvention - Reinventing a brand can help it to connect with new audiences and expand its reach
1. Confectionery - The confectionery industry can create holiday-themed products and run campaigns to drive sales throughout the year
2. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing and advertising agencies can help brands develop creative campaigns around unconventional holidays and events like Peeps Every Day is a Holiday campaign
3. Retail - Retailers can tap into holiday and event-driven marketing and sales strategies to increase revenue throughout the year