This Pearls Before Swine cocktail created by Joaquín Simó has a foamy texture that was achieved without the use of heavy egg whites or cream. Instead this boozy drink is infused with Greek yogurt to create a light, airy and refreshing summer drink.
Most people expect to see yogurt on their breakfast table rather than in their cocktails. Simó cleverly subverts this expectation by creating a delicious gin, rose water, shaved ice and lemon juice alcoholic drink that is infused with the tart taste of yogurt. Yogurt is a great way to add a foamy layer to any of your favorite drinks without adding unnecessary sugars or any raw foods.
Mix the ingredients up in a cocktail shaker and double strain them into a glass to get that deliciously frothy texture. Or you pour the ingredients over shaved ice for a smoothie-like drink.
This Pearls Before Swine Drink Gets its Frothy Texture From Greek Yogurt
1. Yogurt-infused Cocktails - The use of yogurt in cocktails adds a unique and refreshing twist, creating a frothy texture without heavy ingredients like eggs or cream.
2. Alternative Foaming Agents - Exploring alternative ingredients for creating a foamy layer in cocktails, such as yogurt, presents opportunities for innovation in mixology.
3. Health-conscious Cocktails - Incorporating yogurt in cocktails allows for the creation of healthier, low-sugar options that still provide a satisfyingly frothy texture.
1. Cocktail Mixology - The cocktail mixology industry can explore the use of yogurt as a foaming agent to create new and innovative drink recipes.
2. Dairy Industry - The dairy industry can capitalize on the trend of using yogurt in cocktails by promoting its versatility and unique applications beyond breakfast.
3. Beverage Packaging - As the demand for yogurt-infused cocktails grows, the beverage packaging industry can create specialized packaging solutions to accommodate these unique drinks.