DudeFoods's Nick Chipman has found an ingenious way to enjoy otherwise plain peanut butter Pop-Tarts. The unfrosted breakfast pastries from Kellogg's can be turned into 'Elvis Pop-Tarts' by adding a banana glaze and some bacon strips. This could be an Elvis reference I'm not getting, but because bacon makes everything better I'm not questioning the King's food preferences.
The banana glaze that goes on the peanut butter Pop-Tarts requires ingredients such as half a banana (obviously), butter, sugar and vanilla. The slightly unusual combination of peanut butter, banana and bacon will likely appeal to those who lean towards savory flavors rather than sweet. If you are the type of person to put bacon on anything and everything, this is the breakfast treat for you.
Adding New Toppings to Peanut Butter Pop-Tarts Makes Them Elvis-y
1. Savory Breakfast Pastries - There is an opportunity to expand the sweet breakfast pastry market by introducing more savory flavors and toppings.
2. Unconventional Food Pairings - There is a trend towards combining ingredients that are not typically associated with each other to create unique and interesting flavor profiles.
3. DIY Breakfast Treats - There is a trend towards consumers making their own breakfast treats using store-bought products as a base and adding their own creative twists to them.
1. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry can explore new flavor combinations and packaging options to cater to consumers who prefer savory breakfast options.
2. Grocery - The grocery industry can introduce new and innovative breakfast pastry options to meet the growing demand for savory breakfast options.
3. Consumer Goods - The consumer goods industry can develop new products and packaging designs that allow for customization and personalization of breakfast treats at home.