Luxury fashion house Balenciaga introduces its latest iterations of the Paris Sneaker model for the season. It is available in two different silhouettes, either a high-top option or a mule structure. The most notable design language is the distressed accent and the tonal palette comes in the options of black or red in both shapes.
The high-top has an additional white option, which is notably the least distressed. There is minor fraying that can be found at the eyestay sections and some scratches at the heel. The black is heavily distressed with a sole unit that is entirely drawn on as a touch of branding. It all sits on top of a vulcanized sole unit foundation and branded rubber outsole.
Image Credit: Balenciaga
Balenciaga Unveils New Iterations of its Paris Sneaker
1. Distressed Footwear - There is a growing trend towards heavily distressed footwear with unique design accents that push the boundaries of traditional shoe design.
2. Luxury Sneakers - Sneakers are no longer relegated to athletic wear and streetwear; there is an increasing demand for high-end, luxury sneakers as the lines between sportswear and high fashion continue to blur.
3. Variations on a Classic Design - Brands are finding innovative ways to add fresh, modern twists to classic sneaker silhouettes, appealing to both fashion-forward consumers and traditionalists alike.
1. Footwear - The footwear industry can capitalize on the trend towards more daring, unconventional sneaker designs and cater to a growing market of consumers looking for their next statement shoe.
2. Luxury Fashion - Luxury fashion houses can tap into the demand for high-end sneakers that blur the lines between athletic and fashion wear and capitalize on the growing trend towards more casual, comfortable clothing styles.
3. Retail - Retailers can take advantage of the increasing demand for unique, fashion-forward sneakers by curating collections that feature heavily distressed designs and put a new spin on traditional sneaker styles.