If setting out to design glass seasoning dispensers, you'll require a plug or a lid by which to seal off the space inside. The maker of the Par Cork Salt + Pepper Shakers found additional use for a potentially tiny component, contributing to the aesthetics of the product and introducing extra functionality.
For Materia, Nendo designed beautiful little glass globes to hold the ground flavor-enhancers, perforating the flat upper end for controlled dispensing and leaving a larger hole in the other end for access inside. Stoppering this second opening is a large and nearly conical-shaped piece of cork. This flares into one wide end that serves as a base and handgrip for the lovely culinary accessories.
The Par Cork Salt + Pepper Shaker Makes Plugs Primary Components
1. Multipurpose Components - Designing products with components that serve multiple purposes can improve aesthetics and functionality.
2. Aesthetic Functionality - Incorporating aesthetic elements into functional components can create unique and attractive products.
3. Controlled Dispensing Features - Adding controlled dispensing features to products can improve the user experience and increase demand.
1. Kitchenware - The kitchenware industry has opportunities for innovative design by incorporating aesthetic and multi-use features in products.
2. Home Decor - The home decor industry can incorporate controlled dispensing features in decorative accessories for a more functional and practical product.
3. Product Design - The product design industry has opportunities to create unique and innovative products by incorporating aesthetic and functional components.