After testing Papadias in select markets last year, Papa John's has just announced that it will be officially adding the dish to its menus nationwide on February 3rd, 2020—the day right after the Super Bowl.
Papadias are essentially a cross between a pizza and a sandwich. The dish starts with the chain's original crust, which is then folded in half and filled with toppings. The Papadias come in three different varieties, including the Italian Papadia, the Meatball Pepperoni Papadia, the Philly Cheesesteak Papadia, and the Grilled BBQ Chicken & Bacon Papadia. The Meatball Pepperoni Papadia and the Italian Papadia are both served with a side of pizza sauce for dipping, while the Philly Cheesesteak Papadia is paired with Papa John’s signature Garlic sauce. Finally, the Grilled BBQ Chicken & Bacon Papadia comes with a tangy BBQ sauce for dipping.
Image Credit: Papa John's.
Papa John’s is Officially Adding Papadias to Its Menus Nationwide
1. Pizza-sandwich Hybrid Trend - There is an opportunity for other pizzerias to develop their own versions of pizza-sandwich hybrids to attract more customers.
2. Convenient Comfort Food Trend - The demand for convenient comfort food like Papadias can inspire restaurants to develop their own feel-good menu items.
3. Exploration of Fusion Foods Trend - The success of Papadias can encourage culinary innovation to explore more fusion dishes that combine multiple cuisines.
1. Fast Food Industry - The fast food industry can benefit from the popularity of convenient and portable food items like Papadias.
2. Pizza Delivery Industry - The pizza delivery industry can enhance their deliveries by offering more portable food items like Papadias.
3. Casual Dining Industry - Casual dining restaurants can consider adding pizza-sandwich hybrids to their menus to keep up with changing consumer preferences.