Francesco Ragazzi, the creative director between Palm Spings' 2017 Spring/Summer collection, is said to have been inspired by a photograph that depicted a teenage skateboarder who reminded him of Jimi Hendrix.
With this in mind, he sought to create a series of pieces that pertain to what youthful concertgoers would wear, making for a collection that's rife with graphic tees, oversized cuts, statement jackets and casual sportswear. Patterns and color palettes change drastically throughout, however camouflage and floral prints are some of the most commonly used. The Palm Angels' brand name boldly marks much of the apparel as well.
Most of the styles are modeled by androgynous-looking men and women, speaking to the unisex nature of the clothing and the freedom of expression that it encourages of its wearer.
Palm Angels' Collection Encapsulates the Style of Rebellious Youth
1. Rebellious Youth Fashion - Opportunity for brands to create apparel that captures the style and attitude of rebellious youth culture.
2. Graphic Tee Trend - Graphic tees with bold designs are in high demand, providing an opportunity for apparel companies to create unique and visually striking pieces.
3. Androgynous Fashion - The rise of androgynous fashion presents an opportunity for brands to create unisex clothing lines that cater to a diverse customer base.
1. Fashion Apparel - Fashion brands can tap into the rebellious youth market by offering collections that embrace a distinct streetwear aesthetic.
2. Graphic Design - The demand for visually captivating graphic tees opens up opportunities for graphic designers to collaborate with apparel brands.
3. Gender-neutral Fashion - The growing popularity of androgynous fashion opens up a market for designers and retailers to create gender-neutral clothing lines.