Xiang Chen is an incredibly unique artist. He can pain and write calligraphy by holding paintbrushes under his eyelid!
Chen realized he was different when sand blew in his eye and it did not bother him. Inexplicably, this prompted him to poke sticks into his eye, which he says makes them feel only marginally itchy at worst, and at best, relaxing. Thus, a unique talent was born.
His “art” is not great, but you can’t knock his unique approach! He can also play the piano with his eye!
Man Can Paint and Play Piano With His Eyeballs
1. Eyes as Hands - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop assistive technology that enables individuals with limited mobility to perform artistic and musical activities using eye movements.
2. Eyeball Painting - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create new art techniques that utilize unconventional tools, such as eyelids, to challenge traditional artistic practices.
3. Eyeball Piano - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Invent eye-controlled musical instruments that allow individuals with physical disabilities to engage in expressive musical performances.
1. Art and Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore new ways to incorporate unconventional techniques into the art and design industry, such as utilizing eye movements for painting and calligraphy.
2. Assistive Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop innovative assistive technologies that empower individuals with disabilities to engage in artistic and musical activities using unconventional methods, such as eye-controlled instruments and tools.
3. Medical and Healthcare - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Investigate the potential therapeutic and rehabilitative benefits of unconventional artistic practices, such as eyeball painting and piano playing, in medical and healthcare settings.