The Pages chair was clearly inspired by books and it wouldn't be surprising if it was specifically inspired by fairy tale books. The Pages chair brings to mind the story of 'The Princess and the Pea.' The multiple colorful cushions are like the stacks of mattresses that the princess required because the pea lodged under the first one kept her up all night.
Created by 6474, a design studio based in Tokyo, Japan, the Pages chair is fun and imaginative. It encourages the sitter to interact with the piece of furniture. Although it requires some fiddling, the Pages chair sports a simplistic aesthetic that is comfortable and contemporary. Its changing looks also makes sure that the owner will never get bored of its design. It is available in two appealing colorways.
The Pages Chair by 6474 is Reminiscent of 'The Princess and the Pea'
1. Interactive Furniture - The Pages chair encourages users to interact with their furniture, creating opportunities for innovative designs that incorporate engaging elements.
2. Modular Cushions - The multiple colorful cushions of the Pages chair showcase the potential of modular cushion designs, offering customizable and adaptable seating options.
3. Transformative Design - The flip-over functionality of the Pages chair highlights the potential for transformative furniture designs that can provide multiple functions or appearances in a single piece.
1. Furniture Design - The Pages chair exemplifies opportunities for furniture designers to explore interactive and transformative concepts, enhancing user experiences and meeting evolving consumer demands.
2. Interior Design - The Pages chair presents opportunities for interior designers to incorporate playful and customizable furniture pieces that add an element of surprise and engagement to spaces.
3. Home Decor Retail - The Pages chair offers opportunities for home decor retailers to introduce unique and versatile furniture options that cater to customers seeking both functionality and aesthetic appeal.