The man deemed to possess too much advantage to compete in the Olympics has signed a contract with Thierry Mugler for this Oscar Pistorius A*Men commercial. The double amputee runs on carbon fiber prostheses that make him faster than his two-legged competitors.
Chosen as the new face of the men's fragrance, this sprinter embodies a superhuman ability that the cologne may now be associated with. The Oscar Pistorius A*Men commercial epitomizes fitness, strength, endurance and masculinity.
Oscar Pistorius A*Men Commercial Unites Fragrance and Fitness
1. Fitness Fragrances - Opportunity for fragrance brands to market their products as enhancing athletic performance and embodying the qualities of fitness and strength.
2. Inclusive Advertising - Trend in advertising where brands feature individuals with disabilities to promote diversity and inclusivity, creating opportunities for collaboration with athletes like Oscar Pistorius.
3. Technological Prostheses - Disruptive innovation opportunity for companies in the field of prosthetic technology to develop advanced carbon fiber prostheses that enhance athletic abilities.
1. Fragrance - The fragrance industry can explore new marketing strategies and product development to cater to the fitness and athleticism market.
2. Advertising - Advertising agencies can help brands embrace inclusive advertising by showcasing diverse individuals, such as athletes with disabilities, to connect with a wider audience.
3. Prosthetics - Prosthetic technology companies have an opportunity to innovate and develop technologically advanced prostheses that enhance athletic performance and mobility.