Mademoiselle Maurice is an origami enthusiast that creates street graffiti art using paper instead of spray paint or marker. One of her recent installations is featured in the Singapore Museum of National Art features the work suspended from the ceiling, capturing Mademoiselle Maurice's signature rainbow color scheme of paper installations.
The installation features an added sense of movement and three dimensional perspective that is often missing from Mademoiselle Maurice's wall artwork. The piece features dozens of colorful origami boxes made from pink to purple paper. Each piece is suspended from the Museum of National Art's ceiling at a different height as the piece as a whole coils downwards. Despite the installation being made from a series of separate origami pieces, from afar they appear intertwined as a rainbow.
Mademoiselle Maurice Outdoor Installations are Made Using Paper
1. Paper Art Installations - The trend of creating street art installations solely from paper opens a door for innovation in sustainable art-making using recycled materials.
2. Origami Techniques - As more artists are adopting origami techniques in their street art installations, robotics and AI material science can offer opportunities in advancing this trend through automation and engineering innovative materials.
3. Three-dimensional Street Art - Three-dimensional street art installations create immersive experiences for viewers, creating an opportunity for Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR and VR) technologies to push the limits and create disruptive interactions.
1. Art - The art industry can take advantage of using more sustainable materials and advanced technology to create unique, innovative installations.
2. Design - Design professionals can incorporate origami techniques into product design and packaging to add an element of surprise and innovation.
3. Tourism - The tourism industry can leverage the popularity of street art installations to generate revenue and boost tourism through immersive experiences and AR and VR interactions.