The Opus SoundBed is the brainchild of Yves Behar. Unlike the typical bed, this design is geared towards therapeutic healing practices. Its modular design allows it to fold into itself to create a stylish ottoman when it is not used for its meditative purposes.
Yves Behar of fuseproject designed the foldable therapy bed to provide a multisensorial meditative experience to recharge and restore the body's nervous system. It works by creating a full-body vibrational experience in combination with a spatial sound feature. These two elements focus on helping the body reduce stress by releasing natural hormones associated with happiness and euphoria. In addition, the Opus SoundBed is powered by the Opus Journeys app, where users can set therapy goals and have access to additional resources.
Image Credit: Yanko Design
Yves Behar Designed the Foldable Opus SoundBed for Healing Practices
1. Modular Meditation Furniture - There is a market for customizable and easily transportable furniture that promotes relaxation and meditation, especially among urban dwellers.
2. Multisensorial Therapy - Incorporating sensory stimuli, such as sound and vibration, into therapy products could provide a more immersive and effective healing experience.
3. Smart Therapy Tech - The integration of technology, such as apps and IoT devices, into therapy products could offer personalized goals and resources to users.
1. Furniture - There is opportunity for furniture companies to create and market modular designs that incorporate sensory features aimed at promoting wellness and relaxation.
2. Healthcare - The use of multisensorial therapy as a complementary treatment to traditional medical practices is a growing trend, creating opportunities for innovation in healthcare products and services.
3. Wellness Tech - With the rise of wellness culture, integrating technology into products aimed at promoting mental and physical wellness could be a disruptive innovation opportunity for startups in this industry.